Enter in at the narrow gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in that way
Because narrow is the gate, and hard is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
The above is from Matthew 7:13 – 14 …. now hear also Proverbs 16:25 “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
Today…. compromise is what is expected… it is not fasionable to preach damnation…… we hear of love, tolerance, acceptance of everybody and anybody….. why can’t we all just get along.
But the Bible says, “What fellowship has light with darkness” and “Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers”
Why is the right way so hard ? …. It is hard because…
1. It is against what the majority think…. therefore we have to take a stand for righteousness…. and this makes us unpopular with many people.
2. It is hard because our own body wants to do the easy path that everybody else is doing.
3. It is hard because once we choose to do the right we attract demonic forces that will try their best to make us compromise or change our mind.
This is summed up in a fight against the WORLD, the FLESH and the DEVIL for easy remembering.
Nevertheless, do not despair because….
1. the rewards for overcoming the above are many…. and the Bible is filled with promises of deliverance and blessing for those that take the narrow road
2. God Himself will come to your aid in conquering the world, the flesh and the devil…. if you will but call on Him and rely on His provision with faith.
There will still be times when you fail……. but He has promised to those that have an overwhelming thirst for righteousness that they will be filled
I had switched paths… but in love He brought me back to the right way…. like the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11 – 32)