Many Christians want to win souls for Jesus but they dont know how or what to say …. so today I wanted to explain salvation a little better…. but first, here are two points to keep in mind:
1. You can say all the right words and never lead a soul to Jesus… what is worse, you can even get frustrated with yourself over it as you work “harder and harder” to “save” somebody… why is it not “working” ?…. for two reasons, one, you are doing it in your human strength and two, the person’s will and heart may not be ready…. you cannot save anybody, no matter how hard you may try… GOD saves those whose heart and wills yield to Him… but He needs humans to carry His message…. we are His arms, legs and mouths here on earth.
2. You cannot ARGUE people into salvation…. most people who are arguing expect to “win” their argument … but even if they lose they do not accept that the opponent is right rather they try to find out what went wrong “on their end” so they can come back again and be successful at defeating you the next time around…. arguing accomplishes NOTHING…. it WASTES your precious time and leads to total FRUSTRATION.
The only way to be “God’s mouthpiece on Earth” and be EFFECTIVE is to follow HIS LEADING concerning… WHO to speak to….. WHEN to speak to them…. and WHAT to say to them…. so first you need to be in such COMMUNION with Him that you can receive His guidance…. this is “abiding in the vine” (John 15:4)
Here now is the PLAN OF SALVATION:
1. EVERY human is a HOPELESS SINNER…. “There is NONE righteous, no, not one” (Romans 3:10)…. “For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)… this is because all humans are BORN as SINNERS… they SIN automatically…. they MUST sin… they WILL sin…. and they DO sin… and can never change either…. it is their NATURE to SIN…
2. ALL SINNERS are CONDEMNED… “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our Lord” (Romans 6:23)….. “But God commendeth his love toward us that, while we WERE YET SINNERS, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)… humans could do NOTHING to alleviate their condition…. GOD did it ALL… and offers it FREELY to EVERYONE.
3. The only thing required from human is SAVING FAITH…. human must BELIEVE that God has done this… and PUT IT INTO ACTION…. because if you truly BELIEVE then it will cause you to ACT… “That if thou shalt CONFESS WITH THY MOUTH the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE in thine HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the HEART man believeth unto righteousness; and with the MOUTH confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9 – 10)
Note the writer says you are to believe with your heart… rather than your mind or your intellect…. because such a MONUMENTAL REVELATION…. will touch your whole being…. will, mind and emotions…. and will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
mere intellectual assent is NOT “saving faith”…. but it might eventually lead to “saving faith” in some people….. so what are the EVIDENCES that “saving faith” has occured ?… the person CHANGES… and here are some of the outward manifestations of that change:
1. They no longer feel comfortable sinning (they may still LIKE certain sins in their mind…. but they no longer feel “comfortable” doing them…. because they now feel GUILTY everytime they do what they formerly enjoyed)
2. They now LIKE reading the Bible and going to Church… and they found it boring, uninteresting or repulsive before.
3. They feel thankful and loving toward God… and before they were fearful or hateful towards Him
4. They feel clean and happy….. and before they were depressed, sad or felt “burdened”.
Some people change instantly and dramatically at the moment they are saved… while others may take longer for it to “sink in” and realize the changes in their life and outlook…. some may “backslide” soon after their “saved” experience and “seem” not to have been saved at all…… however, IF they have been TRULY saved…. their life WILL eventually change (sometimes months or even years later) because all the while they are “backsliden” the Holy Spirit is still working in their lives and their thoughts and experience will be quite different from an “unsaved” person.
If you were TRULY SAVED during your “salvation” experience….. you are saved FOREVER…. and eventually you will have the above experiences of TRUE SALVATION manifesting in your life though you may go through all sorts of experiences before you “notice” it yourself.
Prayer for Today:
Loving Heavenly Father, THANK YOU for saving us from ourselves… we pray for all your children DOUBTING their salvation today, that they may realize that they ARE saved and PRAISE you for it… we pray also for those who are NOT saved (whether they think that they are or not), and we pray that they may realize their condition and TRULY REPENT…. before it is too late… THANK YOU… in Jesus name… Amen.