Facing Facts about Divisive Doctrines
Before I continue with my Word Wizardry series….. I need to address the view that I have become a Fundamentalist Fanatic preaching damnation to everybody else but those who subscribe to my “narrow minded” viewpoint.
Nothing could be further from the truth !
In this article I seek to clearly differentiate between the differing points of view on various issues …. so as to isolate the ones that are critical from the ones that are inconsequential.
Doctrine absolutely CRITICAL for salvation:
1. Salvation is a gift of GOD and no amount of self-effort, “good” works, penance or repentance can “earn” it…. NOBODY “deserves” to be saved…. it is a free gift of GOD.
2. Salvation is ONLY through Jesus Christ …. there is no other name by which we might be saved…. we enter the company of the “redeemed” when we ACCEPT and really believe the TOTAL RECORD of the historic Jesus Christ ….. His supernatural birth, miraculous life, “unnatural” death and bodily resurrection…. and the awesome nature of this revelation causes a massive change in our life.
3. If we truly comprehend the magnitude of what GOD through Jesus Christ has done for us then this WILL change our lives…… mere intellectual acceptance is therefore not salvation although it could be a first stage on the path towards salvation….. SAVING FAITH transforms a life like nothing in this world can do and it is a miracle of God.
Doctrines that Divide people but have nothing to do with salvation
1. Music – CCM versus classical versus no music at all (a red herring causing needless division)
2. Worship Day – Everyday is a “good day” to worship God… it is particularly pathetic that sabbath keepers have allowed this to separate them from other bretheren
3. Baptism – whether baptized as an infant or an adult… WHAT is the state of your heart before GOD ?…. neither “side” in this divisive argument will “win”…. because baptism as a ritual cannot save anybody
4. Tongues and Gifts – whether genuine of not actually have NOTHING to do with salvation and those that are preoccupied with them stir up strife between the bretheren
I could go on and on….. about the “small things” over which Christians argue incessantly…… and each individual will eventually assume one “position” or the other according to their “enlightenment”…… but the SAD PART is when these matters WRECK the commandment of Christ to “love one another” in the body of Christ (He specifically said “by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one for another”)….. the bickering that has gone on over many of these issues has made Christians the laughing stock of the “world”…… and it has been Satan’s most effective strategy in undermining the Great Commission…. “go into all the world and preach the gospel to everyone”
I trust the foregoing has been sufficient to dispel the MYTH that I “exclude” all who do not subscribe to the viewpoints that I may advance on my Facebook…..
When I rebuke the Roman Catholic Church for encouraging people to pray to Mary or other saints….. a thing which is CLEARLY FORBIDDEN in the Bible ….. and is classified as spiritual IDOLATRY…. everyone had better TAKE HEED
But understand that I am not condemning individual Catholics to hell….. GOD who knows the heart of every human decides on that…. but I am perfectly correct in condemning an EVIL SYSTEM that subverts the gospel of Christ and makes it extremely hard for those persons involved with them to ever come to a knowledge of the TRUTH.